Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 7, Day 4

Yesterday just about killed me. Not just the workout, though. I left home @ 5:00 am and got home @ 8:45 pm. Yes, almost 16 hours after I left home I got back home. And then I put my son to bed and went to bed. What a life. Workout was fine that morning, but I had a terrible eating day. Monday is not going to be good news next week.

Today Corey was sick so we were on our own! After 2-3 minutes of my group discussing whether or not we would actually stay to work out(How's that for commitment?) we all jumped on the treadmills. After 15 minutes I was sooooo bored, so another gal and I went outside to "run the hill" while the other two stayed inside and did weights with a "Biggest Loser" graduate. I expected we would kind of gently jog down the hill and then powerwalk back up it, butb My friend and I actually RAN THE HILL with the non-Biggest Loser workout group. I couldn't believe it! Their leader encouraged us to run with them and we did! I almost died for the second time in two days. That was seriously hard (remember, I am a terrible runner) but I did it.

I am definitely noticing that I am a person who needs a very positive, encouraging person as my trainer. Some people need an "in your face", challenging trainer. Some people want someone who is all business -- no joking around. I need someone very personable, and encouraging who will give me my daily pat on the back for showing up and trying and who can give me great encouragement to keep going. I also really like the trainers who actually do the workouts with us so I can look at their form and also know they aren't asking me to do anything they aren't willing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment