Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 6, Day 1

I am so ready for this to be over. Since I'm not having any success anyway, I feel like it's kind of pointless. But, I'll see it through for six more weeks, I guess. The other group is having SO MUCH MORE success. I don't know if it is their training regimen, their diets, where they started, or what. They routinely lose 4+ pounds a week while we are all struggling with 1 lb or less each week. So frustrating.

Today was weigh-in day. Down .5 lb. Whoopee. Something seems to happen on Sundays. I'm down at home during the day, and then by bedtime I'm up and stay up for weigh-in. Then, I come home, and I'm back down. So, I think I am really down a couple of pounds, but I'm having almost no success on the scale at the gym.

Took a nice walk at lunch time and a nice walk at home. Also played this football game with Matthew and Jim where the swing on the swings and throw me the football while I play wide receiver. I keep jogging the entire game and can burn more than 400 calories an hour. Untraditional workout, but it gets me family time and exercise at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your posts backward at the moment (in Google Reader). Ignore the scale. I know that will be difficult. You already mentioned later that you've lost inches and gained biceps. That's a good thing. Working out as much as you are right now, you feel like you're not losing weight, but really, you're shifting your body fat ratio. That counts as weight loss to me! Don't let the scale get you down!

    ReplyDelete