Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 4, Day 1

Wow, am I tired today. Don't know if was the workout after four days off or the end of vacation, but I can barely stay awake!

Only two of us were there today and Corey worked us hard! We dragged a heavy weight (boxing bag) down the turf today. The first two times, we did it by putting two large rubber bands around our shoulders. These were attached to two very large chains which were in turn attached to the heavy bag. About 100 pounds in all. Hard! But not as hard as the next exercise, which was to drag the heavy weight by the chains using our arms and back. We got down into a squat position, and then the first time we dragged with one arm, the next time the other. Hard! My heart rate was about 170, which was my highest until I did the Jacob's ladder and then it went up to 174. Man. We also did some push-up exercises, plank exercise and some arm things.

I took a walk outside at lunch for about 40 minutes. Not at a fast past (don't want to gross out my co-workers), but at least I got some additional exercise in and could enjoy the beautiful day a bit.

It was also weigh-in day: Down 5.5 total for three weeks. Not what I wanted, but not bad. If I can keep that up, I'd be down 22 for the session, which would be good (but I'd still have another session to go :-( I can tell I've definitely lost more inches than weight, especially off my waist/hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment