Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 6, Day 2 "No Surrender"

So today, Corey told me I needed to "surrender completely to the program." For some reason that just completed irritated me and I was already irritated this morning. The alarm clock woke me up out of a sound sleep and I'm just not feeling the "Biggest Loser" love these days. When I follow the program completely (surrendering to it in body and mind) I don't lose anyway, so I don't see what else I have to surrender. I have a somewhat bad attitude about it, but I'm still showing up and participating. I think that's good enough. One of the problems is that I've bonded more with the ladies in the 5:00 am group (we have more similar personalities and life circumstances) than the people in my own group, so I feel kind of like a fish out of water. I look over at what they are doing, and while it doesn't seem fun either (they ran 4.4 miles today. . .I'm fairly positive I can't do that), I still yearn to be over there. I never see them doing weights like we do.

Today, we had some kickboxing, some leg stuff on a box, some arm weights, and heavy bag flipping. Another morning of fun, fun, fun!

On the upside, the weather has been so freaking amazing that I have taken some really great, long walks in the evening. They might not be at a great pace, but I'm still getting the calories in. I LOVE walking!!!! (especially walking while reading, my special talent).

Tomorrow's hump day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment