Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 7, Day 2

My muscles have been really tired the last two days. Not sure why that is. I've been exhausted before I've even started! Today we were all in a good mood from the positive numbers we saw yesterday. Which was a good thing, because Corey decided to step it up a notch today! We did some really hard exercises using a stability ball. . .and yes, they included push-ups! Yuck. We also did the Jacob's ladder, boxing, medicine ball stuff, and some crunch type exercises using the kettle ball. Corey had a good tip for mastering the Jacob's Ladder, which is one of my better exercises to begin with. He suggests we NOT watch the time on the machine, but pick a spot to look at far off in the distance. He said it makes the time go faster. . .and it does. It was a great suggestion.

The other Biggest Loser group is in week 11! They have all signed up for session #2. I don't know if I can afford another session. The money aspect of it is definitely a major reason why I show up everyday, though!

The other funny part of today was the triathlete coach who was teaching the bootcamp for "regular" people. He was so loud, and so militaristic, we were all cracking up. "Hup down, Hup down, Hup down. That's Hup DOWN, not just Hup." Kudos to him, though, for doing every exercise he expected to his students to do.

Did a 5 mile workout to a Leslie Sansone video this evening. Didn't get me to 1000 calories, but it was something, anyway! I love her workout DVDs because she has normal looking people, who aren't skin and bones on them. The people on her videos range from their 20's to their 70's and have all lost weight walking. She stresses activity and movement, not perfection. I like her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment