Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Week 5, Day 2

Well, I didn't hate today's workout. It has been interesting the last couple of days to learn that I just can't burn the calories the others can do the same exercises. I have to do MORE than them. For example, today we were supposed to walk on the treadmill, 15 incline, 3.5 mph pace. He wanted us to get mid-to upper 160's heart rate. So I did that, and my highest heart rate -- 147. I talked to Corey afterward and when I do it I'm going to have to use 3 pound weights in each hand like I did on Friday and I got my heart rate to 170. It is encouraging that my heart is so strong. Trust me -- I'm happy about that! But, I can't believe I have to work even harder. It reminds me of when I was pregnant and they told me my contractions (after 24 hours of HELL) were not strong enough. I couldn't even fathom what a stronger contraction would feel like.

Got my extra workouts in today. Walked up and down the hill at work during lunch (I'm glad that hill serves some purpose besides irritating me in the winter) and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical at home and another 20 minutes of Wii EA Active. I'm done for the day.

So, after all the griping about the workouts and the 5 am mornings and the lack of weight loss, I should say that I am actually happy about my program. As I told my boss today, there really is no downside. I'm getting more fit (regardless of weight loss), I've definitely loss inches, and I'm eating much healthier. All of those are good despite the fact that I wanted to lose 36 pounds in 12 weeks and am more likely to lose only 12 pounds (if that). So, I'm happy that I've made positive lifestyle changes, on my own terms, before a doctor had to tell me to do something. And maybe, by the end of this, I'll actually enjoy doing pushups.

I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment