Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 5, Day 3

Someone in my group today asked me what I thought I had signed up for. This was a genuine inquiry after hearing me whining for the 23rd "consecutive" day. I think that is a good question.

I knew I was signing up for a biggest loser workout program, that had a nutrition component, and I knew it would be hard, but I guess I expected better results given that I have followed both the exercise and the nutrition part of the program faithfully for 31 consecutive days. I just figured this would work.

But the other reality is that I didn't expect it to be so hard. I have always been a fairly athletic person, and I used to work out quite regularly, so I figured, "Well, this will be hard for a couple of weeks, but then it will get easier." I figured other "bigger" people might struggle, but that I would hit my groove and be successfully somewhat easily. But, what I've learned is this type of fitness training is not related to being athletic. Hand-eye coordination and a competitive spirit don't count. Being able to adjust quickly doesn't count. This training, at least the part I'm bad at, is all about core and upper body strength, which has almost nothing to do with general athleticim, in my opinion.

I've never enjoyed strength training, and we're doing a ton of it. I still don't enjoy it and it is incredibly difficult for me.

That said. . .today we used. . KETTLE BALLS again. This time, a 25 lb kettle ball that we lunged with and whacked at heavy bag. And then we did some more kettle ball stuff. I didn't get in a second full workout tonight for the first time in a while. I am just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment