Friday, March 26, 2010

Week 2 -- Day 5

First day of vacation from work, but no vacation from the workout. Up I got at 5:00 a.m., out of a dead sleep. I'm finally sleeping and now I'm still getting no sleep!

Today's workout was tolerable until we got to the hand barbells. They were out of 10 pound weights so I told Corey to give me the 15 pound ones. BIG MISTAKE. I completed the first round of lunges, bicep curls and arm presses but couldn't even manage one sit-up. I had to use one barbell instead of two while Corey went to fetch me lighter weights from elsewhere in the gym. I do think I am getting stronger, though, and my cardiovascular fitness is much improved (although, much better to begin with!).

Got another 45 minute cardio workout in while Matthew played flag football, and I'm calling it good for the day. Close enough. Ate pizza too, which is not on the meal plan! But, as I was still at 1385 calories for the day, I think that is pretty good.

Matthew wants to go back to the gym Saturday, so we will probably go in the afternoon. As long as he is enthusiastic about it he can come; it makes it more fun for me, that's for sure! I was going to go in the morning, but a flat tire has changed my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment