Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 2 -- What was I thinking

5:00 am, the alarm went off and I started my routine again. Driving in the dark across town I wondered what I had been thinking when I signed up to do this. I must have been crazy!

We all walked in sore and tired. Corey didn't care. He kept pushing us. The hardest activity I have ever done we did this day. Lifting up a boxing heavy bag off the ground, with a partner, and then raising it over our heads. And back down. Over and over and over again. Followed by boxing. Ugh. So tired. So sore.

I learned today that one of my group members just gave up smoking before this. Another is in her 3rd, 12 week session; she has already lost almost 80 pounds but has further to go. The commitment to do this is incredible and she is amazing.

Lots of skinny athletic people at the gym, too. They seem to be fascinated by all of us "big loser" participants. Will I be one of them again someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment