Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A New Beginning

Monday, March 15, 2010 was my day of reckoning. The night before, I packed my work clothes, laid out my workout clothes, and set my alarm for 5:00 am. Yikes! As someone who doesn't sleep well to begin with, the thought of getting up at 5:00 every day for 12 weeks was scary.

Not to worry! I was wide awake at 5:00, just like I had been most of the night. I crept downstairs, got dressed, and was in the car by 5:05 for my 20 minute drive across town. At 5:30 a.m., I met my trainer Corey, and the other four ladies in my group. We started by getting weighed and measured. Ugh. I had lost 42 pounds in 2009 on weight watchers, but learned 10 of those had found their way back. Boo! The measurements sucked, but at least we all know we we are starting from and can be look back with pride in 12 weeks when we see how far we came.

Our first workout just about killed me. Seriously. I thought I was fat, but reasonably fit. Nope! Fat and unfit. This was a full body workout for a full 60 minutes. I was exhausted when I left and the rest of the day.

Went to bed at 8:30 this night. Sore and tired. Not looking forward to 5:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment