Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Giving up Diet Coke

My new training regimen was going to be very expensive, and I had no money to spare. So, in honor of my new focus on wellness, I decided to give up Diet Coke on my birthday. I am somewhat embarrased to say that I drank so much Diet Coke each day, that just by giving it up I could almost fund my personal training program in full each month.

I thought giving up Diet Coke would be really, really hard. I have been drinking Diet Coke since the summer before I left for college 22 years ago. I have had at least 32 oz a day since then (except when I was pregnant when I gave it up), usually much, much more. Buying them each day on the way to work, during work, and after work was part of my routine. But it hasn't been hard at all, surprisingly enough.

I was "fortunate" to get the stomach flu three days before my birthday. I couldn't drink Diet Coke for three days. The thought of it made me nauseous. And on the 4th day, it was my birthday. The habit was already broken. I haven't had a Diet Coke since then. I'm amazed at how little money I spend now that I don't drink Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment