Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 9, Days 1 & 2

Did better than I thought last week. Down 1.5 for a total of 11.5 pounds. Seems like an ok total until I heard that the woman who was the biggest loser for the other group that just finished their 12 weeks lost 50 pounds! She lost 8 pounds the last week. Of course, she was also spending 6-8 hours a day at the gym that week, but still, that averages over 4 pounds a week, while I have averaged 1.4. If I continue to average 1.4, I would end up at about 17 pounds, which is not even 10%, compared to her over 20% lost. Oh well, she put in more effort, she SHOULD get better results.

Today, I skipped for the first time. I am so exhausted, I felt that sleep was a better choice, and life is all about choices, right? Plus, I didn't feel like driving in the rain across town, etc. . .So, somehow I have to make up to exercise sessions worth of activity in a very rainy week. I wonder if Macey will like the basement :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenni. Just keep at it. Remember that muscle burns more calories than fat- and it weighs more too. So you are probably gaining muscle, and losing fat- which means you are toning up and becoming more healthy- even if the scale doesn't show you the numbers you want. I think you need to think of your goals in the context of losing inches, and how your clothing fits, and how you look compared to pictures of you before you started your fitness journey. Don't lose hope. You ARE doing the right thing. Just remember you are doing this for a healthier you- a healthier you that is not going to be at risk for heart disease or diabetes, which means you will be around longer to see Matthew grow up and so on. Keep that goal in mind- and please don't stress about the pounds. Yes, eat healthy and exercise- but I think you just need to keep in mind your goal should be to become physically fit.

    Ok I'm getting off my soapbox now. I know, I know, I'll probably lose motivation by the time I'm at 7 or 8 weeks as well! Hopefully those around me can keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete