Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 8-- the weekend and Macey's arrival!

This was the end of my 8th week. I don't feel like I did too well this week. I ate badly and didn't get all of my exercise in. Oh well. I'm kind of feeling like I've done all I can do on the biggest loser program. I will continue to get daily exercise (I like that part of the program), and I will continue to eat better than I had been. Outside of that, unless I am willing to make even more drastic lifetstyle changes, I'm at the end of the road. . .

EXCEPT, for our new journey, with Macey, our new dog. That's right, we adopted a black lab/husky mix this weekend. Matthew has been yearning for a dog for two years. Jim said he could get a dog when he turned 8, but I didn't want to get a dog in October, so we agreed on the end of first grade. Well, 1st grade ends in 23 days, so we started looking, and found a dog that seemed like a good fit for our family.

She is so great. Really well-behaved, knows some commands, isn't jumpy or slobbery, and just a nice dog. Snickers, our rabbit, is terrified of her, but Macey has been good about ignoring her. We just have to get Snickers to understand that she is here for good and that we won't let Macey eat her.

My job, in 4 weeks, is to walk her in the morning. That is what I will be doing instead of the Biggest Loser program. I can't wait!! I LOVE to walk long and fast, but I've always been scared to go out in the morning by myself. I can't wait to be able to go with Macey. Then, I'll have to get some strength training in someplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment