Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm back -- lifestyle/fitness change, Round 2/3

It's been a couple weeks since I last posted that I was the smallest, biggest loser. I finished my 12 week program and have been kind of floundering around since then. I've been walking the dog, eating poorly, and trying a few exercise ideas out here and there. A few things I've learned the last couple of weeks: Walking the dog is not a good substitute for an hour of functional training every morning, I will never lift a weight, do a push-up, lunge or squat unless someone tells me to, and I actually MISS my morning workout when I don't do it. Who'd have thought that was possible?

So, I've embarked on round 2 (or 3) of my fitness journey. I still have 25 pounds to go to meet my goal. For those of you keeping track, yes, I was very overweight when I started this endeavor a year ago. Getting closer to my goal, and I can feel it, it is so close, but I keep sabotaging myself.

For round 2/3, I'm keeping it local! I am still going to walk the dog each morning and evening, but in addition to that, I have hired Jeremy who trains @ Anytime Fitness to work with my 2 to 3 days a week on functional/strength training. We have an understanding of what I want and need and how I want to be trained, and he has been very respectful of that so far. The other days--and those days too--I will be responsible for the cardio portion of my workout. And that is easier because I like it :-) Even with just two weeks off, I was sore after Tuesday's workout. That amazes me.

I also start Weight Watchers again in a couple of weeks. Food is what is killing me. I need to do better on my food intake. I eat mostly the right foods, but when I deviate, I deviate BADLY -- donuts, cakes, anything with frosting. I don't drink at all, I don't use condiments, I don't snack on chips for the most part. It's sugar/fat/dessert that kills me. I would rather eat a bowl of frosting or whipped cream all by itself than just about anything else in the world. It's always someone's birthday at work. . .I know, I should "just say no!"

My goal is to lose those 25 pounds by October 6. Yes, that's many weeks (about 20) from now, but that would be about 1 lb a week, which is attainable for me. That would put me at a healthy BMI and also officially put me in the "9 months on, 8 years off club." I don't recommend membership to anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jen!!! Great job getting back on track. You maybe saw my comment awhile back that I miss reading your blog. It was such an inspiration to me, you are a big part of the reason I got myself on a fitness routine as well.

    Anyways just wanted to congratulate you in your efforts. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete